Friday, December 31, 2010

Joshua Generation

My year has been spent in the Word of God and my call has been what I call the Joshua call. Joshua was called to lead a people and inhabit a land that God gave him. While others doubted and feared those who appeared larger than life who possessed the land, he knew that if God said it was to be taken and possessed then all things were possible.

Like Joshua, I inherited a land this year. Though the full knowledge of the undertaking was not there and the real reason God called me to this place at work, I had to take possession of what was promised and know that the assignment was from God and the victory was already mine. How powerful. Like Joshua, the battle is fought everyday for the people I lead and the territory that has now become mine through Jesus. The harvest is indeed ripe and the laborers are few. Each day I pray for insight and the ability to lead with the Lord's help to conquer for the upbuilding of the Kingdom of God.

I am reading Sun Stand Still by Steven Furtick and I am on fire for God. God set a blaze underneath this man and it has spread in my city. I can connect the dots (people) all around me to see that I was also called to this region / city for a reason also. There is a silent revival and the Lord is stirring up this land. The vision is for an appointed time and I am waiting on the Lord. Each day I pray for the will, plan and purpose of the Lord and cry out Here I AM Lord.

Joshua 10: 12-14
12 On the day the Lord gave the Israelites victory over the Amorites, Joshua prayed to the Lord in front of all the people of Israel. He said, “Let the sun stand still over Gibeon,  and the moon over the valley of Aijalon.” 13 So the sun stood still and the moon stayed in place until the nation of Israel had defeated its enemies.Is this event not recorded in The Book of Jashar? The sun stayed in the middle of the sky, and it did not set as on a normal day. 14 There has never been a day like this one before or since, when the Lord answered such a prayer. Surely the Lord fought for Israel that day!