Sunday, December 19, 2010

The Spirit of Christ-mas

We heard from Jimmy De Young today on bible prophecy. So much of what he said is amazing and then I think about all the people who know nothing about Christ before or after his birth. The Bible lays it all out and the stories all lead up to this wonderful miracle born on Christmas.

This is the season that can either torment a person due to memories or fill you with joy. I had bad holidays growing up and now they are wonderful because of my children and husband. On the other hand, I am sad for families that still struggle during this time to be together or because they are apart. Nothing is perfect in this world and the compromise is that we have to decide what kind of holiday we will have and what is the true reason for the season. When we focus on that we may find the peace we so long to have.

For me, family is important and there are times I long to have a house full. The likelihood of that happening is slim to none. So, I fill my home with the sounds of Christmas and memories of the perfect holiday I would spend with family or friends. We have had dinners with our neighbors and co-workers. We have Skyped our families to see them and sent gifts also. One day, there will be a glorious reunion where we all settle our differences or learn to live with them and just celebrate life. Ahhh, I can see it now.

John 10:7-107 Therefore Jesus said again, “Very truly I tell you, I am the gate for the sheep. 8 All who have come before me are thieves and robbers, but the sheep have not listened to them. 9 I am the gate; whoever enters through me will be saved.[a] They will come in and go out, and find pasture. 10 The thief comes only to steal and kill and destroy; I have come that they may have life, and have it to the full.

This Christmas live life to the fullest. Merry Christmas!