Friday, August 31, 2012

Fighting Through Prayer During Times We Don't Understand

As hard as it is, we have to remember that "the weapons of our warfare are not carnal, but Mighty through God to the pulling down of strongholds" 2 Corinthians10:4.  In God's Word translations it says, "The weapons we use in our fight are not made by humans. Rather, they are powerful weapons from God. With them we destroy people's defenses, that is, their arguments."

There are forces that pull and tug on us daily.  There are people sent our way just to frustrate and agitate.  As hard as we try, we let it get under our skin.  There are situations that are orchestrated just to make us mad and it is up to us to control it.  I wish I were perfect or could say I know just what to do when this happens. Like most of the world, I get agitated when thing don't see fair or people don't seem reasonable.  There seems to be a lot of that these days.

I have learned to try to pray away the stresses and strife.  I have to say, "God, I give this to you".  "Perfect that which concerns me and help me let it go". I love the King James Version of the bible.  Psalms 138:8 says, "The LORD will perfect that which concerneth me: thy mercy, O LORD, endureth for ever: forsake not the works of thine own hands.".  This scripture is as close to perfect as I can get.  And yes, I pray earnestly for the Lord to perfect the daily concerns I have about work, family or future. 

Each day I go out asking God to show me who I need to reach and what I need to do for the Kingdom (that which is established in Heaven and on Earth). How do I reach someone with a word or smile that shows them I am really trying to walk the Christ walk and have the mind of Christ.  We are so faithless. We don't trust each other and we struggle to trust God with our problems. So, my scripture today has to be Psalms 138:8 and I frequently pray 1 Chronicles 12:21 - "Oh Lord, make me as the sons of Issachar, who understood the times, with knowledge of what they should do."

We are in need of understanding of the times and what to do.

Lord Jesus, Son of God, have mercy on us, sinners. Amen.