Wednesday, July 9, 2014

At a Crossroad?

Decisions have to be made and there are times when we come to a crossroad. Crossroads can be difficult and stressful when our choices could mean life or death, as well as impact another person's life. There is a scripture that speaks to the crossroads in our lives. It offers good advice to help you know what to do next. Finding this scripture helped to soothe my soul. It reminds me that the ancient path is the course the prophets took during ancient times. God helped them by leading and guiding them to safety and victory - when they asked for help.

This is what the LORD says: "Stand at the crossroads and look; ask for the ancient paths, ask where the good way is, and walk in it, and you will find rest for your souls. But you said, 'We will not walk in it. Jeremiah 6:16
 
You have to consciously decide not to follow your own desires and seek the Lord's guidance in all matters. We must declare like the song, "we will not move without you, Lord!".   The will of God is the Word of God and His will can never fail. As a standard operating procedure for me and my family, we declared that we will not do anything the Lord has not told us to do and has not confirmed. In the absence of His instructions, we refer back to the last thing we know He told us to do. We pray and stand still until He speaks again.

How many times have you made a decision or moved on your own feelings without a Word from God or confirmation from God?  Was the outcome good or was there frustration, striving and stress the entire time? I believe that everything God ordains and blesses us with will come without stress or strife. That does not mean there will not be opposition along the way. God always provide away out and around, as long as we believe, trust and follow His directions. God's way is not always a path we have taken before. He moves us from glory to glory (2 Corinthians 3:18) and never backwards or down in life. His Word say, I will lead the blind by ways they have not known, along unfamiliar paths I will guide them; I will turn the darkness into light before them and make the rough places smooth. These are the things I will do; I will not forsake them. Isaiah 42:16.

There are times when I remember clear direction from the Lord and it was felt in my spirit. The feeling is one you cannot forget.  When I decided to take another direction and the outcome was not good, the Lord would remind me again that He spoke and I made a choice. The enemy of my soul is the negative thoughts that say, "You are crazy. That was not God speaking".  How many times have you had a strong feeling or sense to do something that seems so far fetched or off course from anything you would ever do? I fully believe the Holy Spirit is my guide and my advocate. He resides in us and is always speaking to us and helping us, if we chose to quiet our busy lives, wait and listen for instructions.  Now, think back on all the times you questioned your choices....were you obedient to the promptings of the Spirit directions or not?

Father God,  thank you for sending me the Holy Spirit, my helper (John 14:26). Because He lives in me He will teach me all things, and bring to my remembrance all things that help guide me on this journey called life. I thank you for taking me from glory to glory and transforming me into the image of Christ Jesus. Help me to be open and receptive to the promptings of the Spirit and led accordingly by His power at work in my life. In Jesus name I pray, Amen.