Saturday, March 18, 2017

Propaganda and Truth


Propaganda is information, ideas, or rumors deliberately spread widely to help or arm harm a person, group, movement, institution or nations. The deliberate spreading of such information or rumors. The particular doctrines or principles propagated by an organization or movement. What seems to be happening daily is a lot of propaganda.  The news is not important to me, because I do not believe there is truth in what is being reported. There are, however, views and opinions of something that happened. Two people can look at one situation and tell two different stories about what actually happened and both could possibly be wrong. Until you know a person's heart, it is hard to get to truth. Christians should be deliberate about mercy and grace; while understanding we live in a world where people make mistakes every day. We all have made mistakes and it is our duty to give the grace we hope to receive one day.

Years ago, we stopped watching the news (CNN, FOX). We asked why tune in and watch the news when we know it is for ratings and entertainment? A lot of what you see on the news in these United States is a cause for concern. The protests and uprisings are stirred up by the media, as well as people sent to incite riots. What is reported is the opinion of the network or otherwise biased. Ordinary people are sitting at home making a decision about the president, country and people. There is more propaganda now than ever before. News is entertainment and a kin to reality shows where what you see is orchestrated (by cutting and snipping sentences and stringing together words) to incite riots and divide the nation's people. I am convinced I would hate absolutely everyone if I watched the news everyday, so I choose not to watch it and just treat everyone the way I want to be treated.  What would happen if we turned off the news and prayed for our country and its leadership?

I will not set before my eyes anything that is worthless. I hate the work of those who fall away; it shall not cling to me.  Psalm 101:3

Father God, I declare and decree that revival is breaking out in the United States of America, from the White House, to my house. I declare that the purifying fire of the Holy Spirit is sweeping across the United States of America and men and women and children everywhere are turning their hearts to righteousness and holiness and are seeking the God of Abraham, Isaac and Jacob.  Renew our minds with Your truth and give our nation a fresh revelation of Jesus' sacrificial love for us. I declare and decree we are One Nation Under God in the name of Jesus Christ. Amen!