Saturday, October 30, 2010

Visions of Granduer

One could never know who a person really is or what they have gone through in their life. While we all have different perspectives and even interpretations of what we see or read; it all boils down to perceptions.

Each day I ask God to go before me and make my crooked path straight and my rough places smooth. I also include in my prayers those I know are suffering or hurting in some way. My prayer time seems to be getting longer as the people and concerns grow daily.

I have asked God to put his super on my natural. My natural eyes see one thing when I look at people around me and my spiritual senses tell me another. This is a blessing (or curse) I have had for some time. It makes my stomach upset. This country is in dire straits now and it is almost like everyone is pretending that it is not happening.... vision of granduer.

Homes look beautiful from the outside and inside they are torn apart emotionally, mentally and economically. Families are being skillfully torn apart by the enemy (Satan) and he is looking for any breach he can to steal, kill and destroy. I am overly cautious, but I put on my full armor everyday. I know that my children need a prayer covering and I need to do my part to watch and pray. Most of all, I know that I need to say no to their temptations and wild requests. That is my job  - to lead them in the way they should go and protect them from a world unlike anything any of us have seen before.

I have to remind myself that this is not the 60s, 70s or 80s. This is a world where we are drawn to self absorption, self gratification and selfishness. My principle of leadership is The Servant Leadership. I use it at work and at home. I teach it to my children and withing the family structure -- whether my family or my husband's family. Jesus didn't come to be served -- He served.

My challenge to the world is to guard what you have been made a steward over and protect those who God has placed within your realm of responsibility cautiously and carefully. Your instruction manual is The Bible.


Oh, my Father, I am Your servant; give me discernment that I may understand Your statutes and teach them diligently to my children and all those you have called me to deliver your message to. And this is my prayer: that my love may abound more and more in knowledge and depth of insight, so that I may be able to discern what is best and may be pure and blameless until the day of Christ, filled with the fruit of righteousness that comes through Jesus Christ—to the glory and praise of You, my God. As I reflect on Your Word, You will give me insight into all this.



Thank You for discernment that enables me to see that which is hidden. I praise You, Father, Lord of heaven and earth, because You give me needed revelation. I resist the spirit of fear, and will not be afraid. There is nothing concealed that will not be disclosed, or hidden that will not be made known.


The Spirit of Christ abides in me, and I realize that the things of God are revealed to me by the Spirit and that they are spiritually discerned. Therefore, I continue to ask You, the God of our Lord Jesus Christ, the glorious Father, to give me the Spirit of wisdom and revelation, so that I may know You better. I pray also that the eyes of my heart may be enlightened in order that I may know the hope to which You have called me, the riches of Your glorious inheritance in the saints, and Your incomparably great power for us who believe.


In the name of Jesus I will listen and add to my learning, and as I discern I will receive guidance. I preserve sound judgment and discernment; I will not let them out of my sight; they will be life for me, an ornament to grace my neck. Then I will go on my way in safety, and my foot will not stumble; when I lie down, I will not be afraid and my sleep will be sweet. I declare and decree that I am discerning, and my pleasant words promote instruction.


It is in the name of Jesus that I pray. Amen.


Scripture References:

Psalm 119:125 niv           Romans 8:9 niv
Philippians 1:9-11 niv     1 Corinthians 2:6-14 niv
Proverbs 28:11 niv          Ephesians 1:17 niv
Luke 10:21 niv                 Proverbs 1:5 niv
2 Timothy 2:7 niv             Proverbs 3:21-24 niv
Matthew 10:26 niv           Proverbs 16:21 niv