Sunday, November 14, 2010

Steadfast and Immovable

1 Corinthians 15:58  - Therefore, my beloved brothers, be steadfast, immovable, always abounding in the work of the Lord, knowing that in the Lord your labor is not in vain.

As Christians we are often bombarded with the fleshly, worldly things that try to overtake our emotions and thoughts daily. Biblically, those are fiery darts of the wicked one in which we should quench everyday. We quench them by confessing the Word of God over our life, work, family and ministry.

We each have a ministry and often we can't see it. We tend to think the call of ministry is often in the church as a pastor. Or, we think it is so grand and big that we can't accomplish it.  We each have the opportunity to minister to someone everyday -- even if it is our own family. No one is left without the call or a call on their lives.

I am steadfast and immovable Praise God! No matter what chaos is going on around me in the natural, I turn to the Word which places me firmly on The Rock; which is Jesus.  In doing this, I am spiritually sound and waiting on the victory that can only come through Jesus. I have learned to focus on Jesus and not the problems in my life. His job is to be my deliverer and my job is to deliver the problems to Him and praise him for the victory.

In doing this, life has become less complicated. I still get anxious about doing a good job at work and home. When I do, I deliver that to the feet of my Saviour and wait for the calm assurance to overtake me. My head is anointed with oil and my cup overflows in the Name of Jesus. How wonderful is that !

Tomorrow is Monday and like every Sunday I start planning my week and my prayers that command the angels to go before me and make my crooked path straight and my rough places smooth.

Heavenly Father, I pray that you will fill my heart with the blessing of your Holy Spirit. Grant me this day the strength to be temperate in all things, diligent in my duties, and patient under my afflictions. Direct me in all my ways. Give me grace to be just and upright in all my dealings; quiet and peaceable; full of compassion; and ready to do good to all people, according to my abilities and opportunities. For the sake of my Lord and Savior, Jesus Christ, Amen.