Sunday, June 26, 2011

Tested and Tried

Life has been a season of good and a season of trials and tests. The bible says "count it all joy when you fall into divers temptations, tests and trials" (James 1:2-5). I don't know about you, but it is hard to looks at the struggles and stresses of everyday life (which includes work and family) as joy. My flesh wants to scream and my spirit wants rest.

My prayers have been for God to finish refining me like gold and reveal to me the method of the madness around me. Prayer has been the only solution to easing the strife and anxiety associated with work daily lately. When your body is tired and your mind is weary, all one can think about is relief, restoration and the reward of peace.

In my old age (41), peace is a commodity and it is so valuable. It doesn't matter what the house, car or clothes look like, as long as I have peace of mind. For everyone who is worried about not wearing the right brand or driving the most expensive car, you need to get a new perspective on life. Your life has to be so stressfull and burdensome. If during these hard times for so many, these are the kinds of things you are worried about; you need a life.

If there is one thing I could pass on to teenagers and some adults now; it is to live life simply so that you enjoy it to the fullest.  Have a good balance between work and life so that you may enjoy the fruits of your labor (work) and have time to just take naps, work in your garden or taken walks with your kids. Enjoy the peace that surpasses all understanding.

Father in Heaven, thank you for wisdom and revelation.  It is you, Lord, who have helped me to get to this point in my life and I thank you that I know who and what is important. May all I do be done for your glory and may all I lead learn to lead like Jesus. In Jesus Name, Amen.