Saturday, September 10, 2011

New Beginnings, Old Memories

On the eve of September 11th, I have recalled the events that led up to that day many times. The week prior I had all sorts of dreams about a plane crashing and didn't know what it meant. I searched high and low for newspapers that would lead me to a story and settle my nerves. It didn't happen. So, I decided I was just crazy, until the day of the incident. My husband and I were in a conference. He left out to go to the bathroom and came back in and told me he found my plane crash. I walked out and watched it unfold on the television screen in the lobby.

Today is September 10th. My son is 4 today and even though the original events took place 10 years ago, it seems like yesterday. His birth seems like yesterday and marked odd happenings as well. This past week, I have had the same strange spiritual stirring as before and not sure what to do with them. Now, I pray and ask God to guide and bless me and my family; which includes two children now.

As we remember the last 10 years, we must also give thanks to the Lord for bringing us to this point. We may have had some losses, tears and defeats, but we also have to beauty of this day that He has made. We need to rejoice and be glad to reside in this country. Things could be so much worse, but instead we awaken each day to start new beginnings. Rejoice in knowing that everyday is a new day to repent, forgive, be forgiven, as well as be recreated in Christ.

Make Me An Instrument of Your Peace

Lord, make me an instrument of your peace.
Where there is hatred, let me sow love,
Where there is injury, pardon
Where there is doubt, faith,
Where there is despair, hope,
Where there is darkness, light,
Where there is sadness, joy.
O Divine Master, grant that I may not so much
seek to be consoled as to console,
not so much to be understood as to understand,
not so much to be loved, as to love;
for it is in giving that we receive,
it is in pardoning that we are pardoned,
it is in dying that we awake to eternal life.

--- St. Francis of Assisi