Monday, October 24, 2011

A World of Pressure

The hardest thing to do is to have hope in the midst of what you feel are the darkest days of your life. The days may not be the darkest, but they can certainly feel that way. Trouble comes in many forms throughout our lives. When surrounded by pressure and stress our bodies, minds and spirit want relief... want rest.

In America, we face so many pressures in the workforce. The number one pressure is to do more with less and to make more money. The desire or love of money has driven many people to the edge or over the edge. No one knows what it means to be content in what ever circumstance anymore. The Apostle Paul said it best, but I can't even begin to say I could endure or claim the same type of contentment he felt in prison (in the middle of a crisis). Not that I speak in respect of want: for I have learned, in whatsoever state I am, therein to be content. Philippians 4:11

Instead of holding on and waiting out the miserable moment, we panic and then the fear and doubt set in to our minds. Instead of talking the “Sword of Truth”; which is the Word of God, we shut down and want to scream. The older I get the better I am now at reciting scriptures to help me through those time during the day. I am not saying it is easy, but it gives me a foundation to allow God to do what He needs to do in my life at that particular time. I see the pressure as God's way of telling me something isn't right and He will show me how to handle it. My famous quote is to lean on Him and His ability and not my own.

It is easy to say do not be anxious for nothing. Do not be anxious about anything, but in everything, by prayer and petition, with thanksgiving, present your requests to God. Philippians 4:6 I am then left to say, "God, help me in this very moment to let it go so you can handle it. How many times do we let it go only to pick it back up again? Too many to count ……

God, at this very moment, I want to thank you for all the unanswered prayers. I want to thank you for my peace tomorrow and the days to come. Thank you for victory over fear, anxiety and stress. Thank you for tearing down the mountains before me, making my crooked places straight and my rough places smooth. Thank you that I have the sense to know that I can't do this alone and that my problems are not bigger than you. You are my strength and my salvation. In Jesus' Name, Amen.