Wednesday, April 4, 2012

Not Fair

One thing I hear my children say all the time is, "that's not fair".  I always comment, under my breath, "life isn't fair".  As true as the statement is at time, it hurts when unfair things happen to us or the ones we love.  Life isn't fair and I am reminded that it wasn't fair for Jesus either.  He did nothing to warrant the crucifixion, but He was beaten, scorned and ultimately killed all for me an you.

The concept of the crucifixion and this man being crucified all so I could have redemption and salvation is so big.  It's so big that many people just choose not to believe it at all. I proclaim my victory and redemption, because all I have is faith. There is nothing in this world that is fair and it won't change anytime soon. So, why not believe in a Jesus Christ, aka, Anointed Messiah?  I am standing on the Word and the Rock, which is Jesus.

Life, in it's simplest form can be hard.  There are many ups and downs.  Hanging on in the downs is where the strength and resolve is needed to be the overcomer.  The Bible says, "And they overcame by the Blood of the Lamb and the Word of their testimony".  I have a testimony that I will tell one day. It will be so unbelievable that you will say, "that could have only been God" (Revelation 12:11). How else can we overcome all obstacles or "walk through fire without even the smell of smoke? (Isaiah 43:2)"  The key words are walked through.  As long as you make it through without being harmed, that is a blessing. 

Give ear, O Lord, to my prayer; and attend to the voice of my supplications.
In the day of my trouble I will call upon you: for you will answer me. Among the gods there is none like you, O Lord; and no works like those you have done. All nations whom you have made will come and worship before you, O Lord; and will glorify your name.

For you are great, and do wondrous things: you are God alone.
Teach me your way, Lord, and I will walk in your truth: unite my heart to fear your name.
I will praise you, O Lord my God, with all my heart: and I will glorify your name forever.
Amen