Saturday, June 21, 2014

Dikes of Courage

As I read the quote below, I had a rush of emotions and it really spoke to my heart. The quote was in the book I am reading - Limitless Life by Derwin Gray of Transformation Church. In the book he talks about the labels we give ourselves or that we take on from others who have spoken negatively in our lives. Afraid is one of the labels, because fear of the unknown or of failing is the tool satan uses against us to prevent progress towards the things God has already ordained and blessed us to achieve.However, if we fight through the fear and do what we feel like we are too afraid to do, we could go through and see a sea of blessings on the other side.

While it sounds easy, courage to believe is the answer. It is hard to think of achieving anything when we are faced with a flood of doubt, fear and uncertainty. The only thing certain is change. It is happening and will continue to happen. What will you do? How will you move pass the fear that is paralyzing you and the voices telling you to just go hide until it passes?  The problem with hiding is you never face the fear to build up your faith and you never achieve the blessings on the other side of wall that is challenging you. If we put more faith in God who is bigger than our problems, we would see truth in the Bible -- 'all things are possible with Him'.  I like the scripture that says, "I can run through troops and leap over walls" (Psalm 18:29).  What would happen if you armed yourself with the sword of truth, like Psalm 18:29, and you forged forward and through all that you think is impossible, repeat it until you believed it and the manifestation of the promise?



Psalm 23

A psalm of David.

The Lord is my shepherd, I lack nothing.
    He makes me lie down in green pastures,
he leads me beside quiet waters,
    he refreshes my soul.
He guides me along the right paths
    for his name’s sake.
Even though I walk
    through the darkest valley,
I will fear no evil,
    for you are with me;
your rod and your staff,
    they comfort me.
You prepare a table before me
    in the presence of my enemies.
You anoint my head with oil;
    my cup overflows.
Surely your goodness and love will follow me
    all the days of my life,
and I will dwell in the house of the Lord
    forever. Amen.