Sunday, June 15, 2014

The Name Above All Names

The band Jesus Culture has a song called There is Power in the name of Jesus.  It is one of those songs that sticks with you and the more you sing it, you believe in Jesus and should want to know more about what His word says that can break every chain of bondage in your life. Christians often times fail to fall back on the power of the Name of Jesus or remember what the Blood of Jesus did for us. There are facts of life and then there is the Word of God. The Word of God has something totally different to say about our situations and circumstances.  In the natural, we see and feel the concern. In the supernatural, God is in control and can change everything with a prayer. Growing up in the South, I often heard "Honey, prayer changes things". Those who know and believe in the Word of God understand that God has the final word in every situation. He is in control of every situation and every thing Satan can throw our way. 

I have often wondered why non-believers who are struggling and suffering refuse to believe in a God who is bigger than their problems. That is not to say the believers don't struggle, but the promises I believe say we are always victorious with Jesus. We are overcomers by the Blood of the Lamb and the word of our testimonies (Revelation 12:12).  The Bible tells us When you pass through the waters, I will be with you; And through the rivers, they shall not overflow you. When you walk through the fire, you shall not be burned (Isaiah 43:2). While the life of a believer is not without problems, our lives are victorious and our faith grows stronger with each new trial, because we get to rely on and see God at work when we have faith. Hebrews 11:1 says, Now faith is the substance of things hoped for, the evidence of things not seen.

Over the years, my faith has grown and I learned to give up my will and submit to the will of a Heavenly Father who is all knowing. If He knows it all, He already knows what was and will be in my life. I trust Him to instruct me and guide me with his eye (Psalm 32:8). It is a partnership and a relationship that keeps me going and my part is to continually read His Word, pray, believe and obey His voice that instructs me.  That is hard to do when your natural world is in shambles. The truth is believing in what you can't see; which is a supernatural Father working for you and through you in this spiritual battle we fight daily (whether you can see it or not).

1 Corinthians 2:12-16 says, "12 We have not received the spirit of the world but the Spirit who is from God, that we may understand what God has freely given us. 13 This is what we speak, not in words taught us by human wisdom but in words taught by the Spirit, expressing spiritual truths in spiritual words. 14 The man without the Spirit does not accept the things that come from the Spirit of God, for they are foolishness to him, and he cannot understand them, because they are spiritually discerned. 15 The spiritual man makes judgments about all things, but he himself is not subject to any man's judgment: 16 "For who has known the mind of the Lord that he may instruct him?" But we have the mind of Christ.   

Father God, you are all knowing and I need you to help me through this life. Holy Spirit, help me to submit my will to You. Instruct and guide me according to Your will. Apart from you I am nothing and can do nothing; but with You all things are possible. Give me the mind the Christ. In Jesus name I pray, Amen!