Monday, November 12, 2012

Standing in the Gap

Lately, it seems as if there is a crisis or turmoil everywhere I look.  The news is laced with all the drama and horror of this world and so eager to tell everyone about it.  My friends, associates and neighbors are all going through something right now. It appears the whole world has turned upside down and fear is rampant through the land.

I am not afraid anymore. I know that these things are to come and that the bad times come like good times. All are apart of the cycle of life and if the focus is on my God and not my problem, I tend end my days in peace. I love to pray that. I found the Hebrew version of The Lord's Prayer and it is beautiful. I play it over and over sometime to just let it sink in my spirit.

If Jesus bore our sins and grief, why do get so alarmed and afraid?  I submit to you three translations from Isaiah 53:4:


New International Version (©1984)
Surely he took up our infirmities and carried our sorrows, yet we considered him stricken by God, smitten by him, and afflicted.
New Living Translation (©2007)
Yet it was our weaknesses he carried; it was our sorrows that weighed him down. And we thought his troubles were a punishment from God, a punishment for his own sins!
English Standard Version (©2001)
Surely he has borne our griefs and carried our sorrows; yet we esteemed him stricken, smitten by God, and afflicted.

If I am to believe this, then I must believe that Jesus continues to stand in the gap for me. He laid down over a huge gap in my life called sin so that I may pass over to the other side one day with peace. Death was defeated as Jesus rose from the grave.  If this is true, the whole meaning of "passover" is the same then when God passed over the doors sprinkled with blood. I submit to you three translations from Hebrews 11:28:
New International Version (©1984)
By faith he kept the Passover and the sprinkling of blood, so that the destroyer of the firstborn would not touch the firstborn of Israel.
New Living Translation (©2007)
It was by faith that Moses commanded the people of Israel to keep the Passover and to sprinkle blood on the doorposts so that the angel of death would not kill their firstborn sons.
English Standard Version (©2001)
By faith he kept the Passover and sprinkled the blood, so that the Destroyer of the firstborn might not touch them.

I claim the blood of Jesus for my life, doorpost, family and all that He has made me a steward over. For the blood of Jesus redeems, restores and resurrects us from the dead. In the midst of a life full of darkness, the light I have is Jesus and darkness cannot prevail. The lamp unto my feet shines even in the darkness. When the darkness fills the land, it is that light that guides me and causes me to be victorious as others get taken into the darkness. Oh, how wonderful! Oh, how marvelous! Leaning on the everlasting Light; which is Jesus.