Monday, January 6, 2014

Can You Hear Me Now

The "can you hear me now" commercial was famous for a while. The iconic guy with horn-rimmed glasses and khaki jacket walking from place to place asking if the party on the other end of the phone could hear him became a popular saying. I bet God is saying the same thing. Can you hear me now? He speaks and we try to hear. We cry out and he yells at us, but the noise in our heads drowns out the still small voice that tries to reach us over and over again.

Habakkuk knew the sound of God speaking to him (Habakkuk. 2:2). Elijah described it as a still, small voice (I Kings 19:12). I had always listened for an inner audible voice, and God does speak that way at times. However, I have found that usually, God's voice comes in thoughts, visions/dreams and feelings. Habakkuk said, "I will stand on my guard post..." (Habakkuk 2:1) He knew that in order to hear God, we must be still and quiet. Psalm 46:10 encourages us to be still, and know that He is God. You must teach yourself to meditate on God's word and allow it to sink into your spirit. In doing so, you will train yourself to quiet your emotions and thoughts so that God can speak and you can obey. 

God has always spoken in dream. He spoke to Daniel and Joseph in dreams. Habakkuk said, "I will keep watch to see," and God said, "Record the vision" (Habakkuk 2:1,2). He used his prayer time to search for God and vision. He opened the eyes of his heart in order to see into the spirit world. There is where God shows you what needs to be seen to order your steps. In Acts 2:1-4, 17 God said dreams and visions would come to those upon whom the Holy Spirit is poured out.

A Course In Miracles gives an explanation of the Bible quote "Many are called but few are chosen", saying:  "Many are called but few are chosen" should be, "All are called but few choose to listen." Therefore, they do not choose right. The "chosen ones" are merely those who choose right sooner. Right minds can do this now, and they will find rest unto their souls. God knows you only in peace, and this is your reality.”(T-3.IV.7, A Course In Miracles).

Heavenly Father, I ask You now in the name of Jesus to fill me with the Holy Spirit. I step into the fullness and power that I desire and I confess that I am a Spirit-filled Christian. Every gift of the Spirit is given unto me according to Your will through Jesus Christ, Amen!