Wednesday, January 1, 2014

Who I am in the New Year

2014 came really quickly for my family. We are not sure how we made it here, but I would love a "do over" of the week of Christmas.  I would, again, slow down more, take each day and stretch it as far as I can and truly embed into each day the joy and love of Christmas. We have not made resolutions and I can't remember the last time we made them, but this year we started the first day of the year off differently. We prayed and took Holy Communion.  We could not have started the year off any better and so glad that we had an opportunity to give our will and year up to the Lord for the Holy Spirits guidance.

Communion is a holy tradition. It commemorates the Last Supper between Jesus Christ and his disciples, and it provides an opportunity for Christians to come together and reaffirm Christ as the head of the church. Communion can be taken at home also. Scriptures tell us this about Communion.

And when he had given thanks, he broke it, and said, “This is my body which is for you. Do this in remembrance of me.” In the same way also he took the cup, after supper, saying, “This cup is the new covenant in my blood. Do this, as often as you drink it, in remembrance of me.” For as often as you eat this bread and drink the cup, you proclaim the Lord's death until he comes. Whoever, therefore, eats the bread or drinks the cup of the Lord in an unworthy manner will be guilty concerning the body and blood of the Lord.   1 Corinthians 11:24-27 
 
My prayer is for us to ask God to lead us in this New Year and show us what He would like for us to do. What if we submitted our will to the Lord and life was not a full of strife and struggles?  What if we had peace that surpasses all understanding - even in the meeting of life's storms?  I don't believe everything in life will be easy and there will be no problems. I do believe that we already have victory over those problems, if we have Jesus and we use the word of God as the sword against those troubles. In that moment, there is victory and there is calm assurance of who we are -- children of the Living God.
 
I AM…
· complete in Him - Colossians 2:10
· free forever from sin’s power - Romans 6:14
· sanctified - 1 Corinthians 6:11
· meet for the Master’s use  - 2 Timothy 2:21
· loved eternally - 1 Peter 1:5
· eternally kept in the palm of His hand  - John 10:29
· kept from falling  - Jude 1:24
· kept by the power of God  - 1 Peter 1:5
· not condemned -  Romans 8:1-2
· one with the Lord  - 1 Corinthians 6:17
· on my way to heaven  - John 14:6
· quickened by His mighty power  - Ephesians 2:1
· seated in heavenly places  - Ephesians 1:3
· the head and not the tail - Deuteronomy 28:13

Father, Thank you for giving wisdom and revelation to know who I am and who I belong to in a world that would tell me I am nothing and can do nothing. I chose to believe the report you have for me in Your word and I stand on Your promises proclaiming them loudly. In Jesus Name, Amen.